Using Instagram Live to Generate Leads can be an after-thought. Instagram live has recently gained a lot of popularity since it now allows users to save their live stream videos.
Though Instagram now allows you to save your live video, it is still mostly popular because its live factor that creates a sense of urgency for the audience to watch it in time.
Instagram is also unique compared to other live stream platforms since it notifies your followers when you are starting a new live stream.
Now the question is how can you best use Instagram live to generate leads?
Here Are 3 Ways to Use Instagram Live to Generate Leads
1. Tease your viewers
Since Instagram Live is not permanent, it’s the perfect platform to tease your customer about your new products or service. This creates a sense of exclusivity, as the people who are watching your live stream will have more inside information than the ones who don’t.
The fact that this video is live is interesting because the audience can never predict what is going to happen and how long the video is going to last which then motivated them to continue watching until the end.
From the teaser, you should then lead your viewers to another platform, like your website or full video to increase the number of leads that you get.
This is especially crucial to do on Instagram since you can use the Swipe Up feature.
LaurDIY, a content creator on YouTube utilize Instagram Swipe Up tool to lead her followers to watch her new videos after she uses the live feature as a teaser.
2. Showcase your company with Q&As
Live streams also work great for Q&As as they make Q&As appear personal and less scripted compared to regular videos.
Q&As not only helps to put faces with names of people in your company that the followers may be familiar with, but it also creates a sense of authenticity which will lead to a more established personal connection between the company and the audience.
If you promote your planned Q&A broadcast ahead of time, you could have your audience submit their questions on a form before the live stream takes place. This allows you to get their emails in exchange for answering their questions live.
You could then send an email reminder before you go live to ensure that they will be watching your live stream. At the end, one live stream can generate a large number of people who are interested in your business.
3. Hold exclusive contests
Social media contests are also a great way to get leads since everybody loves to win free items.
It is especially fun to do on Instagram Live since it will only show up for 24-hour hours which once again create a sense of urgency and exclusivity that will motivate more people to join the contest.
You could easily combine the contest with the sneak peek idea and show the viewer the quick shot of the prizes that they could win the contest.
Another idea is to use the live feature as a clue that the viewers can use to help answer your contest question. This quick live video will generate more excitement around the contest and also reach more people to participate.
Not only that you would want this audience to be familiar with the product or prize you are giving away, you need to make sure that they are also familiar with your company.
You could either lead the viewers to your website, make them follow your Instagram account, or incorporate the company background into one of the questions for the contest.
That way, the people who are taking part in the contest will have an idea of what your company does, which would then increase the chance of having them as potential customers in the future.
Don’t forget to keep a few things in mind:
- Be mindful of the length of your live stream. Unlike Facebook, where you could have hours long live stream, Instagram live is typically short, about 10-minutes long unless it is a huge event with a lot of different activities that needs to be covered.
- Prepare yourself before your live stream. Yes, the point of a live stream is to be spontaneous, but make sure you have an idea or a plan on how you would like the live stream to turn out before you actually start going live. Because once you go live, you can no longer stop and redo your take.
- Make sure to test your equipment before you go live. Again, live streams don’t allow redo so check everything ahead of time, especially your microphone, camera, phone battery, and noise level
SEE ALSO: 5 Must Have Live Stream Tools
- Just like Facebook Live and other live streaming platforms, use Instagram live for fun! The whole point of the live feature is so that the audience can see the authentic version of your company, so don’t worry too much about making everything looks perfect!
Now you are ready to use Instagram live to generate leads for your business!
Do you have any other use of Instagram live to generate leads for your business that you’d like to share with us? Leave a comment below!