If content is King, then what is visual content? Perhaps a younger, more attractive prince? It’s difficult to answer this question but very easy to understand the impact visual content has on consumers today.
The folks at Hubspot developed a fantastic infographic that outlines 5 steps to getting more engagement with your visual content.
5 Steps To Getting More Engagement With Your Visual Content
Visual Content Gets More Social Shares
- 43% of social media users share pictures.
- Facebook: Having at least one image in your post leads to more Facebook shares.
- Twitter: Having at least one image in your post leads to more Twitter shares.
- Infographics are linked and shared 3x more than other content.
Why Visual Content
- 65% of your audience is VISUAL LEARNERS.
- 93% of human communication is NONVERBAL.
- 90% of all information transmitted to our brain is visual.
- People remember 80% of what they see.
- People remember 20% of what they read.
3 Keys to Strong Visual Content
- Colors used should reflect your brand. Color impression can account for 60% of the acceptance or rejection of a product or service.
- Fonts that match your message. Using 3 font styles makes content easy to read.
- Use of social media templates. All social media platforms require different images sizes.
How to Create A Great Piece of Content
- Identify an awesome topic. Create visual content that satisfies your audience’s interest and needs while highlighting your expertise.
- Select the best content type. Consider infographics, images, and video.
- Create an attractive and effective design.
- Identify potential content promoters. Think about who would love to share your content.
- Create a promotional strategy. Not having a plan leads to failure.