Considering the proliferation of social media, the best advice I can give an organization is to focus on social platforms that are best suited for their business.
The good folks at QuickSprout created this infographic that outlines the benefits of each major platform. Find out what social media platforms are best for your business below:
What Social Media Platforms are Best for YOUR Business?
- 75% of people are somewhat or highly likely to share content they like online with friends, co-workers or family-49% do this at least weekly.
- 86% of marketers stated that social media is important for their business.
- 89% of marketers stated that increased exposure was the number one benefit of social media marketing.
Publications and B2B businesses should use Twitter.
- 85% of B2b marketers use Twitter.
- 53% of businesses in the information and communication sector reported the highest rate of blogs and microblog usage (Twitter)
B2B companies and Recruiters should use LinkedIn.
- 91% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn
B2C brands and Software companies should use Facebook.
B2B companies and any brand that targets male professionals should use Google+
- 57% of consumers say that product videos make them more confident in a purchase and less likely to return an item.
Ecommerce brands should use YouTube.
All ecommerce, retail, food, and fashion brands should use Pinterest–especially those that target moms.
- Moms are 61% more likely to visit Pinterest than the average American.