A friend request from your grandmother is not the only event that conveys the growth of social media. The Search Engine Journal published an infographic that shows how social media continues to grow in almost every market.
More demographics are continuing to incorporate social media into their lives and this infographic is a great illustration.
Social Media Obsession: A Historical Review
General Social Media
- Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ are the top three social media sites used by marketers.
- 93% of marketers use social media for business.
- 72% of all internet users also used social media as of May 2013.
- 71% of users use a mobile device to access social networks.
- There are now more than 1.15 billion Facebook users.
- 70% of marketers have used Facebook to successfully gain new customers.
- One million web pages are accessed using a Facebook login.
- 47% of Americans say Facebook is their #1 influencer of purchases.
- 23% of Facebook users login at least five time a day.
- 215 million people use Twitter every month.
- Twitter is currently the fastest growing social network with a 44% growth from June 2012 to March 2013.
- 34% of marketers have used Twitter to successfully generate leads.
- There are 1 billion registered users on Google+.
- 70% of brands have a presence on Google+.
- The +1 button from Google+ is used 5 million times per day.
What stat surprises you most?