Today’s search engines are displaying the most relevant content to their users. To get your content displayed at the top of search engine results, you must generate quality content.
The folks at Brafton have created an infographic that explains why content is important to your SEO.
Why Content Is Important for Your SEO
- 92% of marketers say that content creation is either “very effective” or “somewhat effective” for SEO.
- 50% of marketers cite web pages as “very effective”
- 40% of marketers cite whitepapers as “very effective” for SEO.
- 76% of marketers who have strategic SEO campaigns in place invest in content creation.
- 27 million pieces of online content are shared daily.
- 1 in 5 social media messages include links to content.
- 60% of content-sharing messages specific to an industry mention a brand or product by name.
Social Is SEO and Content Is Social
- Bing uses Facebook Likes as a ranking signal for logged in users.
- Google says it is working on using +1 as a ranking signal.
- 50% of consumers are more likely to click on a search result if the brand appears multiple times on the results page.
Content Converts Search Visitors
- 52% of consumers say blogs have impacted purchase decisions.
- 57% of marketers have acquired new customers via their blogs.
- 42% of consumers look to articles and blogs for info about potential purchases.
- 19% of beauty buyers who made purchases based on blog posts say they stumbled upon the content via search.
- 61% of consumers are more likely to purchase goods from businesses that offer custom content.
How has your content increased your SEO?