Have you wondered what turns your customers off?
The folks at Handshakez created an infographic that provides some insight:
Customers Just Aren’t That Into You
- Only 46% of forecasted deals close.
- Customers can be extraordinarily fickle.
- To get an engaged customer, you must delight and inspire them.
FIRST DATE: Content
- Customers love engaging content.
- 73% of B2B customers prefer “thought leadership” content to “advertising content”.
- In a 140-character society, preference is placed on the brevity of text & the beauty of images.
- Use videos, polls, info graphics and 3rd party thought leadership content to inspire customers.
SECOND DATE: Tools
- The average sales email response rate is less than 30%.
- The average sales mail response rate is less than 25%.
- 50% of reps use Twitter & Facebook for business connectivity.
- 72% of reps say that LinkedIn is more essential to their success than Salesforce.com.
- After $75 Billion of CRM spend, companies have merchandized the customer relationship rather than enabled it.
Instead of “managing” customers, sales reps should be engaging them in public & private communities.
THIRD DATE: Process
- 80% of reps say their best leads come from their own efforts (networking, LinkedIn, cold calling).
- Only 13% of reps say that they need more training.
- Which may explain why 60% say that the CMO should leave the company before the CRO.
- Closed Won deals have 33% more customers as part of the process.
Build a big tent and invite as many influencers into it as possible.