Snapchat is widely used by many consumers. But how can brands use Snapchat?
The folks at Marketo developed an infographic that displays how brands can use Snapchat.
Key Insights on How Can Brands Use Snapchat
- Snapchat’s core audience is between 13 and 25 years old.
- 70% of Snapchat users are women.
- 18% of all iPhone owners use Snapchat.
- Snapchat users are sending approximately 400 Million “snaps” a day.
- Pew Research estimates Snapchat has 26 Million active U.S. Users.
BRANDS ON SNAPCHAT
- Taco Bell used Snapchat to announce the re-release of its “Beefy Crunch Burrito”. Users who added Taco Bell as a friend were sent a “snap” of a burrito and the new product’s release date.
- Acura gave its first 100 followers on Snapchat a chance to see the new NSX prototype, sending them a short video clip of the prototype-a video the brand later posted on Instagram.
- Teen retailer Wet Seal handed over its Snapchat account to a 16-year-old blogger for two days, resulting in 9,000 new followers and 6,000 views of the “My Story” (a Snapchat feature that allows all followers to see a post).
USE CASES FOR SNAPCHAT
- New product sneak peaks
- Behind the scenes
- New team member introduction
- Targeted videos
BEST PRACTICES FOR BRAND COMMUNICATION ON SNAPCHAT
- Create a Snapchat account.
- Promote your Snapchat account on other social platforms.
- Reward followers with a use case.
- Distribute meaningful visual content through the platform to maintain engagement.
- Leverage the “My Story” feature to reach all followers at once, or send more targeted content directly to followers by selecting them from your contacts.